SymptomsHave You Noticed:
- 1A skin sore that will not heal?
- 2A new unusual looking mole?
- 3A mole that has changed colour, size or shape?
- 4A spot that has started to itch or bleed?
- 5Lumps or spots on the skin that bleed easily when touched?
- 6Crusty or scaly spots on the skin?
If you have any of the symptoms listed above contact us for an urgent appointment.
Early detection of skin cancer
saves lives! 3
How it Works
What happens during a Skin Check?
At the initial consultation the doctor will take your history, examine you and suggest an appropriate treatment.
Skin cancer can be prevented. Review protection tips on how to protect your skin.
find out more
Actinic keratoses (AKs) are small, red, rough, scaly, flat spots that feel like dry skin patches. They often occur on sun-exposed areas, such as the nose, ears, face, chest, forearms, and back of the hands. Other common names include AK, AKs, solar keratosis, precancers, and pre-skin cancers.
find out more
Skin Cancer PreventionSkin Cancer can be prevented with sun smart measures. Be aware of your skin condition and risk and make the following measures part of your daily routine to protect you against the sun:
- Reduce exposure to sunlight between 10am and 3pm
- Wear clothing to cover arms and legs
- Wear a broad brimmed hat to shadow your face, neck and ears.
- Apply Broad Spectrum SPF 50+ sunscreen DAILY and reapply every 2 hours
- Wear close fitting UV protection sunglasses
- Seek shade whenever possible
- Avoid sun tanning, NEVER use a solarium or get sun burnt
- Check your skin regularly for any new or unusual spots.
Most importantly, monitor your skin professionally with an annual skin check. Contact us to make an appointment today.
Daily and repetitive use of sunscreen is crucial. Sunscreen not only assists with skin cancer prevention but minimises unsightly changes to the skin from sun exposure - Wrinkles, blemishes, capillaries and sunspots.
Sunscreen assists to:
- Soften and repair the skin with included antioxidants
- Protect against free radical damage
- Reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
We stock a range of clinically graded sunscreen and skin care products.